How to minimize power losses and provide a sufficient damping factor (DF) for low frequency drivers?
To minimize power losses and provide a sufficient damping factor (DF) for low frequency drivers, use loudspeaker cable with conductor sizes per the following chart. For cable lengths over 200 feet at 8 ohms and over 100 feet at 4 ohms, the conductor sizes needed for an adequate damping factor are rarely practical for physical and cost reasons. For these situations, 10 AWG / 25 metric gauge are recommended as the most practical sizes.
The unit has been built by Nox Audio in accordance with IEC 60065 and left the factory in safe working order. To
maintain this condition and ensure non-risk operation, the user must follow the advice and warning
comments found in the operating instructions. The unit conforms to Protection Class 1 (protectively
- Nox Audio ONLY GUARANTEE THE SAFETY, RELIABILITY AND EFFICIENCY OF THE UNIT IF:
- Assembly, extension, re-adjustment, modifications or repairs are carried out by Nox Audio or by persons authorized to do so.
- The electrical installation of the relevant area complies with the requirements of IEC (ANSI) specifications.
- The unit is used in accordance with the operating instructions.
- The unit is regularly checked and tested for electrical safety by a competent technician.